Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) is one of the most durable flooring types on the market, but
dirt can scratch the coating on your tile. It’s important to clean your floors frequently
and with the correct cleaning agents. Here is how to safely clean your LVP without
damaging the wear layer:
- Sweep regularly. Microfiber dry mops and brooms, even a vacuum with a flat
surface attachment should be used.
- Be cautious with too much water, most planks are not water tight and you do not
want to soak the flooring and loosen any glue or get your subflooring wet.
- Do not use a steam mop on LVP. This is a vinyl product and can melt.
- Use a neutral floor cleaning to protect the wear layer. The mop should be damp
for stubborn dirt removal that cannot be swept or vacuumed up. Too abrasive of
a cleaning agent can burn off the wear layer. Always use cleaners safe for LVP.
5. Use a microfiber mop to prevent scratches to the LVP surface.